A Birthday Letter to my Niece and Nephew


Dear Lincoln and Harley,

I can't believe you are both already almost two years old. As cliche as it sounds, it feels like just yesterday we were anticipating your arrivals. I remember prayer hard for you both and wishing I could hold you as tiny little babes forever. Two years ago I had my phone on the loudest possible volume and flinched at every ding waiting for the text that meant you were on your way. I talked to everyone about you two and how my heart was so ready to love on you both! It was no secret that you two were already tremendously loved. 
Holding Lincoln for the first time!


Lincoln, the day you finally made your appearance into the world was one that was full of so much love and joy. We had waited at the hospital for days and spent the night because we couldn't imagine missing the moment you entered our lives. I vividly recall your aunties and uncles and grandparents waiting in the hallway talking about what you would look like and how much we thought you would weigh. When we finally got the text with the very first photo of you from grampy, We all cried. It was so surreal. When we met you.. I wish I could explain it! It was just so incredible. It was a moment in which I will never not love. I had never seen such an itty bitty little life and the fact that you were MY nephew, it made it all the more precious. 
Holding Harley for the first time!

Harley, when we found out that you were en route into the world, Jessica and I raced to the hospital that morning before many cars were on the road and waited "patiently" for you to be born. Fun fact, we walked past your room and heard everyone exclaiming and we are certain that was the moment you entered the world. We had made it just in time!! My heart was so ready to love on you. Your precious little face made us all immediately fall in love. I remember grampy singing to you and the whole room watching with tears in our eyes. Such a tender moment that I wish you could remember but don't worry, we have the next best thing... videos! Your birth added to the busy month of September birthdays and I couldn't help but think that God blessed September so much! 
Harley Quinn

Lincoln and Harley, If only you knew how truly loved and adored you really are. From before you were born we prayed and dreamt about you two. It was something we all waited so long for. It was no mistake that God planned for you two to be born in the same week. I hope you both grow up loving this life that your family has worked hard for you to have. I pray that as you grow up you two will build a bond so strong and unbreakable, that you will be the best of friends and turn to eachother when life seems too hard to face. I can only hope that you are working hard at whatever it is you love and that even when people try and cover you spark, that you light it up even brighter for all to see. You have the power to be anybody you want to be, don't take that for granted. Shoot for the stars and aim as high as you possibly can. No matter what, you have your family here to back you up and to fall on whenever you need it. Lean on God. Whether you think it's a big deal or not, He is there. He is listening. No problem is too tiny or too huge for the God who created the very world you walk on. 
Lincoln Noah

I know that somedays will be filled with hardships and I wish more than anything that I could shield you from any pain but just know that those days won't last forever. You just have to push through, I promise you that no matter what it is, you will not walk through it alone. 

I love you both more than words could express and I so incredibly honored and blessed to be your auntie. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for giving you two to our family. Each one of you has  story and being part of your story, is the best ever! I may not always be around but I promise that I am never too far away. You can forever call me and I will be there. I will continue to work on being the best auntie I can be. It is a title I hold so close to my heart. Thank you for blessing me with that name. Auntie Tay Tay loves you so much and I can't wait to see what God has written out for you in your story. Hold close to the Lord and He will bless you forever.

Forever & Always,

Auntie Tay Tay 


Comments

Popular Posts