Camping in Carmel 2016

Every year our family and small group go camping in Carmel Valley which which we've done since I was baby. This trip is something that I always look forward to because it's an escape that always seems to have the best timing. These are just a few pictures from the awesome yet exhausting weekend away! Hope you enjoy!






Sorry, just had to throw a snapchat dog filter selfie in!


Spending any time with James is amazing, but getting to travel and be adventurous is the best. 




Hammocks were very popular this year at the campsite, although technically you aren't supposed to have them due to old trees which we later understood more due to a tree breaking and falling late at night. Crazy! (Disclaimer: Not on a {or our} site! No one was harmed.)




Every year we take a little hike to these pig pens that get fed by locals and visitors. We collect leftovers and take it to our favorite "little" guys. They absolutely love it and although they are super dirty, they're adorable!


I still can't get over how grown up Markenley is! He is such a good helper and he learned a ton about grilling from all the men. I think he enjoyed being with the guys and feeling all grown up. Also, he did a great job! Everyone was raving about the burgers at dinner which made his face light up and his smile go from ear to ear. LOVE!




Alegria was the only little girl on this trip so she spent a lot of time hanging out with us girls. Having no younger sisters of my own, I totally didn't mind. In fact I miss her!! 







Found a cute church with a poke stop and a super cute barn door so naturally we took a bunch of pictures in front. I mean come on, you can't pass up a photo op like that!


Never going to get sick of this view from the campsites. 




My handsome boys are such little fishies! Solomon, I swear could stay in the pool all day long! In fact he's proven that multiple times in the past. MJ had so much fun jumping on the "surf boards" and standing straight up, we were all so impressed because he was able to basically surf in the pool! haha


     This trip, despite the ups and downs was one for the books! I am so thankful for this                    group of people and all the memories we made! I can't wait until next year! 


Comments

Popular Posts