My Warrior Playlist

Okay,
So if you've read some of my past posts you know that I've gone through my own personal hell. With those horrible times I have had to turn to things to help me cope. One of the major ways I have found strength and healing is through music. If it weren't through music, I'm not sure how I would've come out of the hell like times alive. I made a list of the most amazing songs that I call my "Warrior Mode Activated" playlist because when I need to channel my inner warrior, these songs help it shine on through. 

Feel free to click any of the song titles below to be taken to the youtube videos.

Sound Of Surviving by Nichole Nordeman 
This is the absolute top favorite from my playlist because I listened to this song right before my first surgery and it was the only thing that helped me be calm. God knew I needed this song. It came at the most perfect time. God is so cool in that way. Also, I have loved Nichole Nordeman since forever and her songs came back into my life at the most perfect time. Thank you Lord!

Trust In You by Lauren Daigle
- Another song that came at an amazing time in my journey to healing. Lauren Daigle is not only incredibly talented but her songs are so deep and meaningful. This song was a reminder for me. I sang it when I needed to remind myself that I will trust in God when all hell has broke loose. It's hard when God who has power over the world won't take my pain away. That in itself was a hard hill to climb over. I wanted more than anything for God to just heal me because I knew that He could without any struggle at all. Realizing that He had a reason for my pain was a very hard pill to swallow but I needed to go through this, even if to this day I don't know why. He has my story all written out and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Eye of the Storm by Ryan Stevenson feat. Gabe Real
-This song speaks for itself. In the midst of the hardest of storms, God is holding me. He never left me even when the storm got shaky. He had me.
He has you. He is guarding you and is not going to let you fight through without His protection. It was a storm. A really crappy one. I am so thankful He brought out of it with the guidance that I so very needed. 

Thy Will by Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
- This song is one I worship at the top of my lungs. I can't help it. It's a painful one to sing sometimes because it feels so vulnerable and raw and I would be lying if I said this song doesn't break me down completely but it feels good to break down to the Lord because He is there to hold and lift me back up again. It's a song I absolutely cherish for sure. 

Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns
-Again with the "storm" reference because when you are in the moment of the absolute worst, it feels like an endless storm. It's hard to turn to the Lord during the storm but praising Him is a whole other level. I feel like a storm can pull you from the Lord before it actually leads you to Him and that is exactly how I felt. I praised the Lord through my storm, but it took time and wasn't easy. If you just keep turning to Him when you find that you are hurting, eventually you will praise Him through it. 

Broken Things by Matthew West
- I still to this day feel incredibly broken and when I see my scar, it's a reminder of just that. My body isn't 100% in fact somedays it barely feels like it's 20%. The best reminder is that God uses those who are broken no matter how much. 

Just Be Held by Casting Crowns
- Another vulnerable one for sure. The second sentence brings me to tears every time. "When life hits you out of nowhere and barely leaves you holding on." Isn't it crazy when a song just speaks right to you? This is one of those and is a total reminder to let myself fall and be carried by the Lord. I don't need to carry myself through, the Lord has me safe and warm.

My Story by Big Daddy Weave
- I love this song! It's amazing when we are reminded that our trials and our heartbreak are used to tell others who need to hear it. Someone needs to hear our stories to get through their own. It's a song I often need so badly.

Honest To God by Devin Dawson
- You know when you are struggling and you feel like you are trying to hide things from everyone, even the one who created you? I've been there. I've done that. Let me tell you, it doesn't go over too well. He knows it all. This is a song that is all about opening up about your struggles and realizing that you need God to make it through. Opening up to Him even though He already knows what is going on is so freeing. Nothing feels better than laying it all out to the Lord. Nothing.

More Than Anything by Natalie Grant
- It's so easy to want your pain to be gone immediately and to beg the Lord to take it away but we often forget to want Him more than the pain or the sadness. It's Him we should long for. It's Him we should lean on. Him above all else.

The Breakup Song by Francesca Battistelli
- This is a song I sing all the time like I don't care who hears. It's all above breaking up with fear. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I have been incredibly scared... It's been awful and crippling but hey I continue to officially break up with fear no matter how many times it tries to bring me down!

You Say by Lauren Daigle
- Yet another amazing song by Lauren Daigle that has me crying my eyes out in the best way possible. It's a song that reminds me of God's opinion of me against my own. It's another belt it out and act like I could sing like Lauren herself.

Fight Song by Rachel Patten 
- This isn't a worship song but I have had this song up my sleeve since it came out. During my 4-8 hour long remicade infusions I would listen to this song and remind myself of being a strong fighter. Trust me, it was a much needed reminder... those infusions were draining.


The power of music is amazing. Love love love it! My playlist continues to grow and I am always taking recommendations, so please send me your favorites from your warrior playlists!

Comments

Popular Posts