James.



Three years ago on this night you asked me to be your girlfriend and we started this crazy journey of living life together. Time has truly flown by. These past three years have been unbelievable. This relationship is a huge blessing in my life. I don't think I deserve you, although you fight that often...I stand by it.



James Collins, you are a man like no other. You are such a compassionate man of God who loves with every fiber of your being. You are passionate and considerate. You are intelligent and enthusiastic. You are humorous and relaxed. You're comforting yet push me out of my comfort zone when needed.

Our relationship is anything but perfect. We both know that. We fight. We get annoyed with each other. And every now and then we just sit in silence because it seems better than using words of anger. We fight like any normal couple and I am not going to lie, more often than not I am the cause of that.... (Let's just say I am VERY strong willed, thank you for accepting that by the way.) The most important thing is that we both work in this relationship. We try and we never plan on giving that up. 

We have our fair share of issues but we are also a pretty awesome couple. We know how to make each other laugh and we are both incredibly weird so that works out great. Our sense of humor is both dumb funny and odd. You and I both are perfectly okay will chilling at home and watching Friends instead of going out. I am always at the doctors office or hospital and you are working your way up to being a nurse... I mean how perfect is that? We fit pretty well together. 






I don't know how I got so darn lucky with having you as my best friend for life... You truly are an incredible man. I often feel like I am too broken to be loved so deeply but you still love me all the same. Your love is so strong and passionate. You have allowed me to feel like I am who I am for a reason. You look past my insecurities and brokenness and love me for my heart and my mind. You look at me as if it's the beginning all over again. You love me when I feel like I don't deserve to be loved. You are a true definition of loving like God loves.

I love that God placed you in my life. Having you in my life adds a sense of comfort and security while still bringing excitement and color into each day. You are always the first person I want to tell exciting news to and you add to my excitement even when it's something as simple as getting Monopoly tickets at Safeway that match our game board or getting half off coffee at Peet's. You are there when I am happy and feeling healthy and you are there when I am unable to get out of bed because I am so exhausted even if I've been sleeping all day. You accept my many medical issues and you are there when it's time for my horrible Humira shots. Thank you so much again for doing those... even though I tell you I hate your guts when you do them, I blame that on the pain. I love you! 

These three years have brought so much laughter, love and joy into my life. You have been the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for. I love our past as crazy as it's gotten, it's been amazing. I am so happy in our present and celebrating with you is going to be so fun. I can't wait to see what you've been planning!! Most of all, I am looking forward to our future, but you are well aware of that. I am excited to see our plans for the future present themselves to us. I pray that as we continue going through life together that we never ever stop dating each other. That we always make time to just be together and in the moment. I pray that we continue to support each others passions and ambitions. I pray for our hearts and our minds, that we put God in the middle of everything we choose to do and that we never forget that He is the one who ultimately brought us together and that without Him, love is not possible. I pray that we never let any fight break our bond and our love. I pray that through each celebration we praise our Savior and thank Him for His guidance and timing. I pray that we always look at each other with passion and that we fight for each other not against one another. 

You are my love. I have loved you for over three years and I will continue to love you until the day we meet our Lord and Savior. I thank you again for loving my insecurities and my imperfections. I can't wait to see where the next three years (& many many more) takes us. 

Happy three year anniversary James Collins.

I love you to the moon and back. To infinity and beyond. And to forever and ever.


Forever and Always,
Taylor Dunn 

Comments

Popular Posts